"Your first design, while it may seem like a solution, is usually just an early definition of the problem you are trying to solve." - LukeW - https://lukew.com/ff/entry.asp?2036
How to write good.
1. Avoid alliteration. Always.
2. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
3. Avoid clichés like the plague. (They're old hat.)
4. Eschew ampersands & abbreviations, etc.
5. One should never generalize.
6. Comparisons are as bad as clichés.
7. Be more or less specific.
8. Sentence fragments? Eliminate.
9. Exaggeration is a billion times worse than understatement.
10. Parenthetical remarks (however relevant) are unnecessary.
11. Who needs rhetorical questions?
The ruins of Whitby Abbey in North Yorkshire, England, completed by drone lighting.
More ruins/unfinished buildings completed this way: cutt.ly/UM57zfq
"I discovered that the unrented office suites directly next door are a time capsule of the 70s, 80s, and 90s, and we got permission from the building owners to put on an exhibition of vintage computers and telephones in the offices."
And/Or Gallery -- Recap Computing History #2 -- Oct 7 - 21, 2023
"Good music messes with one's perception of time." - Rod Modell (Deepchord)
"ChatGPT is fast-tracking the commodification of the human spirit by mechanising the imagination. It renders our participation in the act of creation as valueless and unnecessary. ... [U]sing ChatGPT to write ... lyrics because it is 'faster and easier ,'is participating in this erosion of the world’s soul and the spirit of humanity itself" - Nick Cave
https://whipsaw.com/2023/06/05/unveiling-ravenchord-a-radical-piano-redesign-from-dan-harden/ Ravenchord – A Radical Redesign of the Piano
Linux Nerd. Web developer. Photographer. Electronic Musician. Occasional Writer. General Creative.
The social network of the future: No ads, no corporate surveillance, ethical design, and decentralization! Own your data with Mastodon!